This autumn, we who work daily with Impande been focusing on winning new Impande partners.
There are three types of partnerships. Impande invites companies, Lions-clubs, kindergartens, Rotary Clubs and schools to be:
- Project partners which are linked to a specific project that they support and follow in developing. Impande has mostly project partners!
- Campaign Partners contribute sponsorship ads or gifts towards specific actions.
- The main partners contribute a minimum annual amount of € 25 000 per year. They aim for a dynamic and close cooperation with Impande over time. Main partners are seeking to contribute to a project that is close to the company/organization’s own core competencies. They will send employees on short-time stays to the projects they follow, contribute to competence transfer, set up prize and motivational journeys for employees who have contributed in special ways to the company/organization etc.
The Board of Impande is proud to announce that Impande’s first main business sponsor is now in place. The collaboration between Impande and SATS is true. More information on what this partnership will evolve into will eventually be revealed.
The notion of partnerships is one of Impandes pillars when it comes to the work in South Africa. Impande is concerned that the funds invested should be balanced against an agreed local activity. An activity that is tracked and can be documented. In this way, when both parties perform from their respective resources, a binding and equal partnership arises instead of a give-and-get relationship with the imbalance that such conditions entails.
In the same way as in South Africa, we are committed to establishing binding partnerships here at home in Norway as a basis for Impandes development work. We have therefore linked a number of corporate and project partners.
Several Norwegian companies, organisations, funds and institutions have chosen Impande as their channel for an annual social contribution. The choice is made from the judgments that Impande operates a very cost-effective, locally mobilizing and binding work against vulnerable groups of poor children and youth in the KwaZulu-Natal province. The companies, funds and institutions that in this way annually contribute small and larger amounts, we call Impande’s business partners.
A corporate partnership can be based on:
- Givin a fixed annual amount to Impande, for example, for Christmas
- Conduct of company-in-house presentations and lectures on projects and South Africa’s development
- Facilitating employees to travel to South Africa and visit the projects your company supports
- Opportunities for businesses to expose their social engagement in a tangible way
Impande also receives regular non-earmarked gifts from some donors and companies. These gifts are given in confidence that Impandes working forms are characterized by effective assistance. Impande is applying such gifts to the realization of Impandes strategy for the time span 2016-2020. Which is to say a focus on sustainable development initiatives against vulnerable children and youth in the Ugu and Eastern Cape districts.
Some companies, funds, institutions and even individuals want to work in a more integrated way with Impande. In this case we are happy to enter what we call a project partnership.
As a project partner, you, your company, organization or foundation form a close collaboration with Impande to realise a particular project. As desired, the project can be labeled with company branding or other visual effects that show who contributes to the project’s implementation.
How is such a project established? In most cases it happens this way:
Impande in Norway, through its South African entity, Impande Yotshani, has developed a number of concepts that await cooperation partners and sponsors from Norway. In the period 2016-2020, Impande Norway hopes to find project partners the following concept:
- Construction of six drop-in centers for vulnerable children and youth. See separate concept description under the following title on our website: Impandes work
- Construction and rehabilitation of 50 kindergartens/crèches
- Investing in computer labs at a variety of schools
- Expand the work of “children with special needs” to multiple tribal areas
The projects are realised through a contractual cooperation in which limited contributions trigger local efforts with consequent sustainable and sustained operational support from the public. The project partner receives continuous information about the project’s development, and those involved often get a personal relationship with their project
Some projects are developed from the ground up in close cooperation with the Norwegian partner. The project partner even chooses how this social engagement will be expressed within the company or externally to customers and partners.
Bank account: 1201 51 98 085
Impande is a group of Norwegian companies, organisations, funds and institutions elected to be the channel for an annual social contribution. The choice is made from the judgment that Impande operates a very cost-effective, locally mobilizing and binding work toward vulnerable groups of poor children and youth in the KwaZulu-Natal province. The corporations, funds and institutions which annually contribute in this way with small and larger amounts we to call business partners.
This partnership can revolve about:
- Giving a fixed annual amount to Impande
- Giving a Christmas gift to an Impande project instead of, or in line with, a gift for their own employees
- Provide the ability for your business to recognize employees with travel to South Africa and visit the projects your business supports
- Presentations and lectures internally on projects and South Africa’s development
- Opportunities to demonstrate corporate social engagement in a tangible way
Impande regularly receives non-earmarked gifts from some donors and companies. These gifts are given in confidence that Impandes working forms are characterized by effective assistance. Impande is applying such gifts to the realization of Impandes strategy for the time span 2016-2020. Which is to say a focus on sustainable development initiatives against vulnerable children and youth in the Ugu and Eastern Cape districts.
Bank account: 1201 51 98 085